Bruins host the Sabres tonight at the Garden.
Bruins could use a win after their lackluster performance against the Maple Leafs last week. Buffaslugs are on a two-game winning streak.
Big question is what will Lindy Ruff cry about this time?
Seriously. Not a playoff game went by last April that Ruff didn't bitch and moan about something. Some of our posts from last year:
It's taken down now, but someone wrote this nice addition to Ruff's wikipedia page.
During the 2010 open round playoff series against the Boston Bruins, Ruff couldn't stop crying long enough to actually coach his team as they fell into a 3-1 hole after winning the opening game. Ruff complained about everything from injuries to poor officiating to the brand of tampons supplied to the Sabres in the locker room.
Whoever wrote that is a god. Here's our screencap.
The wonder that is Mr. Rene Rancourt sang the national anthem at the New England Patriots game last night. Win. He's now sang about as many times at Gillette as he has at the Garden this year. Fail.
Anyone have pictures or video of Rancourt at Gillette? Send 'em our way.
After the jump.... more Thornton All-Star Game news... projected roster... game day links... and your game day video...
Thornton humbled by All-Star Game movement
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Mark Recchi-Patrice Bergeron-Blake Wheeler
Michael Ryder-Marc Savard-Tyler Seguin
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Andrew Ference
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Mark Stuart-Adam McQuaid
Game Day Links:
- Marc Savard is easing back into the game, says the Boston Globe... or as much as one can "ease" without getting drilled into the boards. Guy's stoked to be back. Why wouldn't he be?
- Non-hockey story: "Tom Brady's hair... it could be a lot worse" -- DOY staff is guest blogging for the Wicked Good Sports Blog for the next several weeks (2x per week); then, who knows. If you want to see us use our Photoshopping skills for other sports, this is it. Let WGS Blog and CSNNE.com know what you think, so maybe we can do this on a semi-permanent/regular basis. Do it up. Help us pay our bills.
- Caron got shipped down to Providence. Kid's gonna be a beast for Boston sooner than later.
- We stand by Claude Julien, but his shootout choices (i.e., Ryder) have been questionable at best.
- SomethingsBruins.net has a Bruins prospect update.
Game Day Video:
Time to Go!