No Johnny Boychuk last night. Sadfaces were a-plenty at Days of Y'Orr HQ. Purrgeron nearly shot himself (not really). Boychuk's still considered DTD. Defense could definitely use his presence and the power play could definitely use his booming slapshot. We could use more epic interviews or blog entries from him.
Bruins win last night improves them to 7-1-0 on the road. Goddamn Road Warriors.
On the flip side, the Bruins are a poor-ass 3-4-1 at the Garden. WTF?
Big story line is fan-favorite Dennis Wideman returns to Boston. Last time the Bruins-Cats met, Wideman scored a goal on Boston -- a zing of a "Remember me, assholes?" to all the fans watching back home. Should be interesting to see how he reacts tonight. He'll probably will continue to hear boos. But:
1) Has he grown enough man balls to let it not hurt his delicate feelings, or...
2) Has he finally grown accustomed to boos in Boston that he just will tune it out?
It's been suggested that the Bruins create a special chant just for good ol' Wideman should Greg Campbell or Nathan Horton score.
Not all are on board with this idea.
From our buddy Cornelius over at The Hockey Blog Adventures:
Last year's top playoff scorer for the Bruins (Wideman) is going to get booed and it's going to be stupid. Kinda hope he gets a hat trick in a 4-3 Bruins win, honestly.
We're torn. We were all set to give Wideman a clean slate this season until Chiarelli pulled the trigger and dealt him to hockey purgatory for Hort and Soup (one of PC's better transactions). But at the same time Wideman had the mental strength of a gnat last season and sometimes being a dick is fun.
Wideman gave fans that outlet last year. Maybe he'll take the heat off Wheeler for at least one night.
After the jump... we check in on Lucic's stache, projected roster, game day links and a PSA video of serious and epic proportions...
Reader Lisa Ganksy was at the Bruins-Rangers tilt last night. She got a ton of great shots including this one Lucic pre-game.
We love Lucic but, not gonna lie, he looks like a toucher. See the video at the end of this for more mustache mayhem or our views of other 'staches Milan could rock.
Daily Vote for Thort, Hort & Stuchuk Update!
You can vote like a million times a day for the NHL All-Star Game. We need you to help raise awareness of Shawn Thornton, Nathan Horton, Mark Stuart and Johnny Boychuk's awesomeness and need to be in the ASG. Vote early. Vote often. Vote Thornton. Here's our pitch.
No roster as of this post. We'll update when we get word. Curious of Julien rides Thomas or lets Rask try to win his first game at home.
Rask winless. Bruins poor at home. Rask playing at home? Maybe two bads can make a good?
Game Day Links:
- Lucic and Hornton feed off each other and score a lot... file under: Things that sound dirty, for $500.
- KPD thinks Colin "Much Ado About Nothing" Campbell should step down. This might be the only time we agree with anything KPD says.
- 9 out of 10 Matt Kalmans agree: The Bruins defense needs Boychuk
- Boston Sports Then and Now take on the Tyler-Taylor Tally (say that five times fast).
- Mike Millbury taking the popular view for once... at least in fans eyes. Somewhere in a dark corner is Colin and Bettman with a shoe.
Game Day Video:
Not hockey related but still awesome. Get on it ladies.
Time to Go!