Here we go! The start of a series that most people have been hoping for all season. We already discussed the different details of how the teams match up in the series preview so we wont bore you by going into it all again.
As glad as we are about this match up, there are some mixed emotions, mostly stemming from the fans/media. We all know what happened last year. and it really doesn't need to be brought up or analyzed and more than it has, but expect to hear about it... a lot. Even if the Bruins pull ahead in the series, there is going to be that asshole that say "Don't get too excited, they were ahead last year too". There is no stopping it, but there are a few things that can be done to make it more bearable:
1. Set an over under and start betting on it. Just make sure to set it high enough, probably between 100-200 per game.
2. Turn it into a drinking game. This is something I'd caution against unless have a VERY strong liver or enjoy the finer points of alcohol poisoning.
3. Spend the whole series with your TV muted, the radio off, your computer off, and in a locked room with no windows (or some sort of cave) in a vain attempt to avoid hearing about it all together.
4. Promptly punch anyone in the face who brings it up, that'll teach the bastards.
One thing about this series that's going to make it more enjoyable than the Montreal though...far fewer online debates over who the "classier" team is.
After the jump, the roster, links, and video.
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley-Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Kaberle-Adam McQuaid
Game Day Links:
- Justin and Greg have recently been interviewed by theScore and Sports of Boston respectively
- Krejci is looking forward to the series and to finish what he started.
- Justin discusses a new marketing opportunity for Chara on Wicked Good Sports.
Gotta be this, the Flyers are what prompted us to make this video:
Lets Go Bruins!