No 'Grinding Gears' this week... Greg got eaten by a Zombie Yeti. True story.
It's games like tonight in which we have to thank the Hockey Gods for aligning the stars (no pun intended) just right.
Andrew "The Razor" Raycroft vs. Tuukka "Two Us, Two Ks, Two Points" Rask.
For those who need a refresher... the Bruins traded Raycroft to the Maple Leafs for Rask. This is just one of the most recent steals the Bruins have gotten from the Leafs. In fact, Rask went as Raycroft for Halloween last year.
Really... the Maple Leafs are just the farm organization for Boston. Toronto sucks. Hockey elitists bitches.
Bruins are hitting a tough four game home stand. We'll see the type of character the team has post-ASG.
Some people are calling the Bruins-Stars a great rivalry. We're assuming they're saying this because of the Great Bruins-Stars Brawl of 2008. One line brawl doesn't equate to a rivalry. The Bruins-Habs is a rivalry. The Penguins-Flyers is a rivalry. Bruins-Stars? Not so much. They see each other like one a year -- it's more like a family Christmas party than a rivalry.
That doesn't mean that tonight's game isn't important. Rask usually gets no D or O help and the Bruins are home (which they've struggled).
Of course, we can't forget about Little Bitch Steve Ott. What a tool. We kinda hope he starts shit just so Boychuk or Thornton can lay some smackdown. If only Savard was around to throw some punches. Send us photoshops of Ott, too.
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Michael Ryder-Blake Wheeler-Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Steven Kampfer
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid
Healthy scratches: Mark Stuart
Savard's supposed to be flying into Boston today to get his noggin looked at.
Game Day Links:
- WGS: When fans and mascots go fisticuffs, the Internet wins -- always.
- The Pensblog have video and GIFs of DiPietro getting one-shotted. We think if Thomas ever got in a fight, there'd be blood and murder on the ice. We kinda want to see a Thomas-Tuukka double-team.
- WEEI: Why don't people have faith in the Boston Bruins? We ask: Why does WEEI suck so much ass?
- Man vs. Bear gives his thoughts on who should win the Bruins 7th Player Award this year. Out vote: Brad (Chad) Marchand.
- Pucksage offers ideas on how to improve the All-Star game
Game Day Video
Time to Go!