"Teach me how to Dougie" became the most overused phrase in Boston about five seconds after the Bruins drafted Dougie Hamilton in the first round (ninth overall). We're already tired of the joke, but we promised Kevin S. over at Hell on Ice Blog that'd we make the joke... so there it is.
This is still our favorite version of the song.
As pointed out everywhere, the Kessel Deal is now over. Bruins got Tyler Seguin, Jared Knight and Dougie Hamilton. This could be one of the biggest highway robberies in the history of the NHL, but we won't know for sure for a few years anyways.
“Tremendous skater,’’ said Chiarelli. “Good offensive instincts. Good stick. He’s a very smart player on the ice. Good range. Has a good physical side to his game.’’
Bruins other picks:
- No. 40 pick -- forward Alexander Khokhlachev (Yea, Bruins drafted a Russian)
- No. 81st pick -- forward Anthony Camara (condition of the Derek Morris trade)
- No. 121st pick -- forward Brian Ferlin
- No. 151st pick -- defenseman Rob O'Gara
- No. 181st pick -- goalie Lars Volden