Whats this?!? A Bruins game in June?? Usually by this point we have that year's NHL booted up on our Xboxes, tearfully recreating the season that could have been. Now, we're gleefully playing NHL11, finding new ways to check the Canucks into the boards and trying to injure the Sedins with Chara's slapshot, all the while leaving Thomas out to dry with our pitiful defense.
Speaking of the Sedins, who's ready to hear the T word 1,000 times over this series?!? Yeah the idea of two dudes who shared a womb playing on the same team is kinda cool, but the novelty wore of a while ago...kinda like the novelty of Green Man.
After the jump, the rest of the preview
All joking aside, we could not be more pumped for the series to start. It's got to be some kind of cruel joke that we have to wait an extra day in between Game 1 and Game 2, Glee concert be damned! Never seen the show, but it looks like High School Musical: The Series.
Its been said to death since Saturday morning, but the Bruins are really going to need to bring their A game this series. Vancouver is a fantastic team that has more ways to fuck you than a porn star. Luongo is outstanding when he's not choking, everyone know how good the offense is, and then there is the power play...
Oh god Bruins, that reminds me. Try to play 5 on 5 as much as possible, it's not like we can depend on your power play to dig us out of a hole.
In a totally unrelated shameless plug, Days Of Y'Orr has been getting a lot of press/interviews lately! In case you've missed some of the others, Justin is going to be on CKNW AM 980 in Vancouver tomorrow around 10:15am tomorrow to discuss this amongst other things:
Who knew that gnomes were such hot topics!
Projected Line Up:
Nothing announced at the time of posting this, but it probably wont look much different. There is a chance we may see Shawn Thornton make a return to deal with some of Vancouver's grittier players like Torres. If thats the case, we can probably substitue him for Paille
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Michael Ryder-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Rich Peverley
Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Kaberle-Adam McQuaid
- Fun post on PuckDaddy detailing the 10 oddest places the Stanley Cup has been. We like number 4!
- Ever want to read an actual humorous rip at the Bruins? Thanks to the Vancouver Sun hockey blog Pass It To Bulis you can! See, we can take adversity as long you're not a bitch about it (looking at you Tampa Bay and Montreal).
- So we've seen plenty of people fall in the Garden before, but never quite like this!
- Fellow Boston sports blog Scottthoughts located the transcript for the call that lead to the Nathan Horton trade. Pretty funny stuff!
- We recently had an internet chat of sorts with Vancouver and fellow Bloguin blog Benched Whale