There is a time to play fast and hard, and then there is a time to take a step back and slow things down. And then there is a time to just do whatever it takes to finish a team off for good. Hoping to see the Bruins to the latter tonight.
Our expectations were pretty high for the Bruins Monday night, and those expectations were largely not met. We've already said that the end result is what matters, which we still stand by, but it'd be REALLY nice to see the Bruins get more than four shots in the first period.
Thankfully, the team has shown that they are able to beat Tampa even when we're not at our best, thanks mainly to the unsolvable riddle Tim Thomas.
After the jump, the preview continues.
Roloson is getting the start in net for the Lightning tonight, so you probably won't end up seeing Mike Smith until the second period.
From Bish @NHLBruins, even Americas heroes are supporting the Bs:
Nothing left to say, one win away from the Stanley Cup Finals, Vancouver is waiting, Time to Go!
Projected Line Up:
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Michael Ryder-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Rich Peverley
Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Kaberle-Adam McQuaid
Game Day Links:
- There is a vote an Boston.com for your all time favorite Bruins team.
- Like Days Of Y'Orr? Of course you do! Then vote us for Best Local Blogger and keep us in first place!
- On WGS, Jon lists ways that Dice-K's millions could be better spent.
- Bruins need a solid 60 minutes of play to move on. Any it should be ONLY 60 minutes
- Don't forget to check out our Boucher Photoshop Expo!
Game Day Video:
We want to shake the hand of the guy who made this...