This afternoon the Buffalol Sabres did the impossible -- they fired head coach Lindy Ruff who has been the team's head coach since 10,00 BC. It was a firing that happened about five years too late at best. With exception of them playing Boston, the Sabres are awful. Just awful. The're 6-10-1 overall and 3-7 in their last 10. From NHL.com:
Meanwhile Darcy Regier is still the GM for the Sabres even though he's put together the most inept Sabres maybe ever.
Easy, kid. He just got fired!
It'll be weird seeing a head coach not cry behind the Buffalo bench. We won't know how to react at first, but then we'll find something to run with. Or maybe they'll find another whiney coach to take over. The possibilities are endless!
After the jump, we remember Ruff's legacy...
Actually... it wasn't a concussion...http://www.daysofyorr.com/2010-articles/january/miller.html
And some Lindy Ruff posts to remember him by:
- Not the first time Lindy declared open season on goalies
- Ruff injured at practice, declares open season on whiny head coaches
- Lindy Ruff needs a wah-bulance
- Ruff cries, calls up goon
- Miller cries about Recchi's awesome screen, Follows in Ruff's teary footsteps.