(NOTE: NHL.com was being a dick and Jon couldn't add videos to the recap. Maybe later?)
Ping, ping, ping! PING! Pingity Ping Ping. Ping? PINGED!
Whoa sorry. So many posts we started talking like Winnipeg's goal posts. Typical matinee start by our dear Bruins, not so typical finish. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score. The B's DOMINATED for long stretches and made Pavelec look good. They probably felt bad because he's kind of terrible and plays for the Thrashers.
Going 2-0 in a 48 game season is a pretty good start. When you factor in that the B's aren't even at their best yet... well, is that piss on the rest of the NE Divison's pants?
And still, how awesome is it having hockey back!?!?
- Rask's save on some guy. Think his name was Wellwood. Who cares, he's on Winnipeg. Rask flashes a giant glove.
- Through two games Dougie Hamilton has been pretty gosh darn good. There's definitely going to be some growing pains at some point but kid already looks better than Kaberle.
- The all around effort on the Bruins goal. Horton with the great dump, Hamilton doing a great job of cutting off Atlantipeg's passing lane, Seguin's insane wheels and Baltimore Ravens like interception and his sweet pass to Marchand as Marchand BURIED that shit like Ville Leino buries Buffalo's cap space.
- Oh Ladd. I mean.... just... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
(Photoshop idea via Mitch Cole)
- The Bruins penalty kill philosphy:
- TORTURE CHAMBER!
- GREAT to see Seguin and Marchand still have their on ice chemistry this season. Bergeron has taught them well. I bet Julien wishes they'd keep their shirts on regardless.
- Hey Chara, what happens when someone tries to cheap shot one of your teammates?
Hmmm.... good to know. Thanks buddy!
- Patrice Bergeron. Too many reasons to name.
- FUCKING POSTS!!!
- STUPID OFFSIDES ON SCORING CHANCES!!!
- Why does Adam McQuaid insist on driving his face into the boards? Someone please explain to him that he needs to have a head if he wants to play hockey. TD Garden might as well put McQuaid Fat Heads on the board since he loves eating them so much.
- Sad to report that over 100 deaths and over 2,000 injuries after Dustin Byfuglien got hit and sent to the ice. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families that were affected by this senseless fatragedy.
- Matinee games.
- Get well soon Seidenberg. WE LOVE YOU!
- That terrible, TERRIBLE call on Chara near the end of the game. Just awful.
- Seguin is playing like a beast but can't seem to score. How soon before the floodgates open?
- How much will the Days of Y'Orr staff cry if Seidenberg is out long term?
- Why are Winnipeg Jets fans so boring?
- Who is Blake Wheeler?