As we wait in anticipation for the Eastern Conference Finals to start, we're "treated" to a history lession of these two teams by reporters, commentators, and the unwashed masses on social media. Granted, there is quite a bit of history there, both old and recent. Only problem is, it's already been shoved in our faces so much that the only way to deal with it is to drink ourselves into sweet lovely oblivion.
Then we have all the talk about the star players that no doubt NBC is going to verbally jerk off game after game. We'll hear about the effectivness of the Merlot line, how dangerous the Penguin's power play is, Jagr's legacy in Pittsburgh, Krejci's playoff swagger, and Sidney Crosby's stupid pouty lips.
Fear not readers, after the jump we bring you the...
1. Any time a reporter or commentator swoons over a star player-- 1 drink
2. If the Iginla trade deadline controversy is mentioned-- 1 drink
3. If the commentators mention that both teams are recent Stanley Cup winners-- 1 drink
4. If anyone from the Merlot line gets a point-- 1 drink for each point
5. Any time a tweet is on the screen, drink for each tweet.
6. Any time the Penguins get a Power Play drink
6a. Drink again if they score
6b. Drink twice more if the Bruins kill it.