Game Six. Bruins lead the series 3-2.
Now's the time to end the series. Now's the time to finish the Canadiens and send them off packing.
If this was a zombie movie, the Bs need to give the Habs a double tap just to be sure. Don't want them getting back up, biting you and turning you into a retarded, self-entitled diver. *shudders*
Like HockeyBuzz's Ty Anderson said earlier -- tonight is Boston's Game 7. Bruins need to come out flying, put the pressure on early and often and squash any hope of Montreal seeing another game this season. Game 7s are crapshoots and going into one after a loss in back-to-back games is even a bigger crapshoot.
Bruins need to finish Montreal off.
Some finisher moves Boston can choose from:
Or the DOY personal favorite:
We're doing another live chat tonight. Like Mary Paoletti said: If Bruins go 4-0 during our livechats, we should get like a billion dollars. We'd take free season tickets for life or a Johnny Boychuk/Shawn Thornton group hug, too.
After the jump... porjected roster, game day links and game day video.
Add a comment
"Nathan Horton scores! The Bruins lead the series for the first time!"
The best sound you've heard in months.
There are few things better than seeing the joyous burst of emotion following an overtime goal, especially when your team scores it. Grown men suddenly turned into giggling boys. The team pig pile in the corner. The playful face washes. Joy and happiness in its purest form.
What made the victory even sweeter was how cowardly the Habs were. Subban ran his mouth again and refused to drop the gloves and answer for it. He ran, in typical Subban and Habs fashion. Hamrlik ran from Thornton but then acted tough against Marchand. Plekance attacked Marchand while refs held Brad. Montreal dove left and right trying to buy calls. And nothing worked.
Thomas saved more then Jesus. Ryder even made a save. The Bruins did what needed to be done and they are one victory away from moving on.
The Bruins haven't even played their best yet and they are up 3-2. They get better every game. They look hungrier. There's more grit in their game. They're suddenly playing like a team that knows nothing worth having comes easy.
After the jump.... our thoughts on the game......
Add a comment
Our official response:
Seriously. Whatever. He made a joke about Brado's nose. Big whoop. If this is Montreal's answer to Ference 3:16, they're in trouble.
Other Brado's Nose Jokes:
* Brado's nose has lasted longer on the ice with Chara than Pacioretty.
* Brado nose helped him sniff out that first Bruins goal last night. (Ok... not a joke; it's a fact)
* Brado's nose is probably bigger than your (boyfriend's) dick; definitely bigger than Montreal's.
* Brado didn't need a prosthetic when casted to play Cyrano de Bergerac.
In fact, these nose jokes are 100x better. Thanks, Cyrano:
- Obvious: Excuse me. Is that your nose or did a bus park on your face.
- Meteorological: Everybody take cover. She's going to blow.
- Fashionable: You know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you wore something larger. Like ... Wyoming.
- Personal: Well, here we are. Just the three of us.
- Punctual: Alright gentlemen. Your nose was on time but you were fifteen minutes late.
- Envious: Oooo, I wish I were you. Gosh. To be able to smell your own ear.
- Naughty: Pardon me, Sir. Some of the ladies have asked if you wouldn't mind putting that thing away.
- Philosophical: You know. It's not the size of a nose thats important. It's what's in it that matters.
- Humorous: Laugh and the world laughs with you. Sneeze and its goodbye Seattle.
- Commercial: Hi, I'm Earl Schibe and I can paint that nose for $39.95.
- Polite: Ah. Would you mind not bobbing your head. The orchestra keeps changing tempo.
- Melodic: Everybody! "He's got the whole world in his nose."
- Sympathetic: Oh, What happened? Did your parents lose a bet with God?
- Complememtary: You must love the little birdies to give them this to perch on.
- Scientific: Say, does that thing there influence the tides.
- Obscure: Oh, I'd hate to see the grindstone.
- Inquiry: When you stop to smell the flowers, are they afraid?
- French: Say, the pigs have refused to find any more truffles until you leave.
- Pornographic: Finally, a man who can satisfy two women at once.
- Religious: The Lord giveth and He just kept on giving, didn't He.
- Disgusting: Say, who mows your nose hair.
- Paranoid: Keep that guy away from my cocaine!
- Aromatic: It must be wonderful to wake up in the morning and smell the coffee ... in Brazil.
- Appreciative: Oooo, how original. Most people just have their teeth capped.
- Dirty: Your name wouldn't be Dick, would it?
Recap later today.
(Tweet image from PuckDaddy) Add a comment
For real, guys? Can VERSUS get anything right?
Whatever. Nothing can ruin tonight's win.
Recap coming later. Add a comment
You know what we miss seeing? Home wins. This supposed home ice "advantage" hasn't helped out much so far. But we're feeling that it could all change tonight, Bruins have definitely shifted the momentum away from the Habs, where home losses probably sting a little more. That being said, Bruins shouldn't be satisfied with their play, I'm looking at you top line and power play, get your asses in gear!
In a way, I'm glad that the Bruins needed to come from behind a lot last game to get the win rather than blow them out, simply because it shows that they have the ability to do it. Sure, it means that our hearts may temporarily stop, but that's what defibrillators are for!
Plus, it's got to sting a lot more losing after playing with the lead all day, which makes it so much more delicious for Bruins fans...and we know something about losing games after leading in the playoffs *sob*.
After the jump, we put FingerGate to rest (maybe).
Add a comment
Here are some signs ready to be printed for tomorrow's game.
New: Ference 3:16 and Jack Edwards inspired Get Up!/No Diving.
Best Ference Finger quote: "Most awkward thing about "Ference 3:16?" After he smashed and chugged the beers, he'd go pick up the cans and recycle them." -- Dan Ryan, Bruins Hockey Now
Click the images or links below to get the full-size versions.
|GET UP!/No Diving
Or your choice: Cusick/SCORE! and Somebody Call 911.
|Somebody Call 911
Go Bruins! Add a comment
"The first thing I want to be done is to get that piece of crap of a team out of my rink.
Don't just get the Habs out of the rink, get them out of the N-H-L. Because I've proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore. You sit there and you thump your Stanley Cups and you say your prays to Ken Dryden and it isn't getting you anywhere.
Talk about your history, talk about your 'Rocket' Richard 3:16...
Ference 3:16 says 'I just whooped your ass.'
All they have to do is get my cheap bottle of poutine and try to get back some of that courage they had in their prime.
It's the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I'm serving notice to everyone in the N-H-L and NHL superstars; I don't give a damn what they are, they're all on the list and that's Andrew Ference's list and I'm fixed to start running through all of them.
As far as this playoff matchup is considered I don't give a damn if it's Patrick Roy or Carey Price, the Boston Bruins time has come and you're looking at the next Stanley Cup champion.
And that's the bottom line, because ANDREW FERENCE SAID SO!"
Add a comment
Well...who saw this coming about halfway through the second period? Help from a lot of unlikely sources in this one, which was surprising, but not problematic. Bergeron getting a goal was of course no surprise, but the scoring also came from Ference, Kelly and *gasp!* Ryder, who got both the first goal and the game winner in OT. Now, we understand that some less than favorable things have been said about Ryder 'round these parts, and we're man enough to give credit where credit is due, even if it does pain us greatly.
Recap is going to be shorter than usual tonight, most of our energy went into hosting tonight's Live Chat. For those of you not keeping score at home, the Bruins are 2-0 during games that we host chats. We're not saying necessarily that we're the reason they win, but we are superstitious as hell, so look for these to continue for at least as long as the Bruins keep winning.
If you haven't check out the chats yet, then you should. Good times, good people, and innapropiate jokes.
After the jump, Ference is rude, but hilarious.
Add a comment